Links and Resources
Here we've complied a list of resources that we think may be helpful to people navigating pregnancy, birth, and parenthood. Most of the resources are in English, some in German.
We're always adding things to this list, so check back regularly!
We assume no liability for the content of external links, for which their operators
are exclusively responsible.
Important / Current Birth and Health Events
Support Casa Kuà! Casa
Kuà is a trans* inter* queer* community and health center in Kreuzberg,
Berlin. This place is organized by trans* and non binary BIPoCs to make
health more accessible to other trans*, inter* non binary and queer
people, especially those affected by racism. Support by contributing time, money or materials if you can: Crowdfunding Campaign
Studies and Resources on Birth/Homebirth
- Documentary about home birth in the US: "Why not Home? The surprising birth choices of doctors and nurses"
- Planned home birth: benefits, risks, and opportunities
- Evidence Based Birth - What is Home Birth
- Qualitätsbericht der außerklinischen Geburtshilfe in Deutschland im Auftrag von QUAG (Gesellschaft für Qualität in der außerklinischen Geburtshilfe e.V.)
- Labor Support
- Cochrane Reviews on Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Evidence-Based Maternity Care: What It Is and What It Can Achieve
Resources Confronting Racism and Injustice in Birth Care
Trans, Non-Binary and Queer Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum Resources
- Trans/Masculine and Non-Binary People Negotiating Conception
- How to support trans men and non-binary folks going through pregnancy
- Trans Women Can Breastfeed - Here's How
- Pregnancy Loss and Gender
- Trans Pregnancy - The Importance of Centering Experience
- Project "Trans Pregnancy" of the University of Leeds, UK
- Book: Queer Nursing (Liesel Burisch)
Doulas we recommend:
- Camalo Gaskin: Full spectrum Doula, Bodyworker, Educator. Queer and Trans* friendly. Camalo also teaches regular doula immersion courses for folks interested in this path
- Annie Kocher: Full spectrum queer-feminist Doula and trained lactation consultant - check out the extensive resources linked throughout their website.
- Jes Walsch: Full spectrum Doula, queer and trans* friendly doula and birth photographer, also offers care to families experiencing miscarriage or abortion
- About doulas and homebirth: